30 years ago, an architect had drawn up a large formal design for 1 Raymond Street, Speers Point but then the owners started researching pole homes, incorporating exposed beams and layered living; they knew that this is what the space should reflect.
Nature never goes out of fashion; earthy slate and exposed timber beams connect you to the surrounding bushland, while a view of the blue shimmering lake sparkles below.
Like the branches of a tree, there are four levels that layer warm family living areas with quiet nooks that look to the beautiful views.
Sounds of laugher and games from the in-ground pool float up to the alfresco balcony; while the song of whip birds, rosellas and lorikeets rings out from the treetops beside the windows.
Inside, a fireplace in the living room invites you to sit beside it in the colder months listening to records, keeping the dining loft warm for entertaining.
Three bedrooms all with a view, and the master bedroom featuring walk in robes, and an ensuite.
A home that is full of light, music, texture and nature; a home full of life; all the elements are at play here for you to live life in your element.
* Sunroom with external yard access, perfect for a studio
* Slate tiled kitchen with views to bushland
* Quirky slate bathrooms
* Alfresco north facing balcony
* Wrap around balcony to watch the sunset over the lake
* Music/rumpus room
* Formal entry
* Views from every room, expansive views of lake from the master bedroom
* 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
* Study/4th bedroom/library room with shelving and treetop vista
* In-ground swimming pool
* Large landscaped gardens including vegetable garden, hedged garden, pond and paved dining patio
* Moments to Lake Macquarie, schools and major shopping centres.